L'Académie nouvelle

Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
L'Académie nouvelle

Forum d'archivage politique et scientifique

Le deal à ne pas rater :
Jeux, jouets et Lego : le deuxième à -50% (large sélection)
Voir le deal

Marxisme et théorie queer : divergences et convergences. Entretien avec Kevin Floyd + The Reification of Desire: Toward a Queer Marxism

Johnathan R. Razorback
    Johnathan R. Razorback
    Admin

Marxisme et théorie queer : divergences et convergences. Entretien avec Kevin Floyd + The Reification of Desire: Toward a Queer Marxism Empty Marxisme et théorie queer : divergences et convergences. Entretien avec Kevin Floyd + The Reification of Desire: Toward a Queer Marxism

Message par Johnathan R. Razorback Mer 2 Juin - 18:48

https://www.contretemps.eu/marxisme-et-theorie-queer-divergences-et-convergences-entretien-avec-kevin-floyd/

http://revueperiode.net/author/kevin-floyd/

https://fr.1lib.fr/book/898610/0510d8

"One evening in December 1996, Judith Butler delivered a plenary presentation that would appear the following year as an essay called “Merely
    Cultural.”1 In this essay, Butler posits a certain conservative Marxist reinforcement of schisms within the Left: a representation of “new social
    movements” as “merely” cultural, a reactionary dismissal of these movements as insufficiently engaged with questions of material production.
    The plenary itself quickly took on a certain notoriety, for understandable
    reasons: it was delivered at a conference in Amherst, Massachusetts, sponsored by the journal Rethinking Marxism—to an audience, that is, about
    which we can reasonably assume some significant level of interest in Marxism, and some other significant level of allegiance to it. The highly charged
    character of the presentation was certainly in part a product of the skeptical
    response of many Marxist intellectuals to efforts to “rethink” the tradition
    to which they are committed, a skepticism vocalized even—or especially—
    at the conferences Rethinking Marxism periodically sponsors. Although I
    attended the conference, I missed Butler’s presentation. Others who were
    there are likely to remember the snowstorm that hit western Massachusetts that evening. I was not the only one who found it impossible to avoid
    missing the plenary, after dinner in Northampton and given the time it
    would take to negotiate the roads leading back to Amherst. Secondhand
    accounts of Butler’s presentation and the audience’s response did not keep
    me, in the following weeks and months, from wondering now and then
    what kind of storm I would have experienced in that room, and how it
    would have compared to the one outside." (p.1)
    -Kevin Floyd, The Reification of Desire. Toward a Queer Marxism, Minneapolis / London, University of Minnesota Press, 2009, 270 pages.

« Rien de grand ne s’est jamais accompli dans le monde sans passion. » -Hegel, La Raison dans l'Histoire.

« Mais parfois le plus clair regard aime aussi l’ombre. » -Friedrich Hölderlin, "Pain et Vin".

La date/heure actuelle est Dim 28 Avr - 2:51