L'Académie nouvelle

Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
L'Académie nouvelle

Forum d'archivage politique et scientifique

Le deal à ne pas rater :
Fnac : 2 jeux de société achetés = le 3ème offert (le moins cher)
Voir le deal

Suliman Bashear, Communism in the Arab East (1918-1928)

Johnathan R. Razorback
    Johnathan R. Razorback
    Admin

Suliman Bashear, Communism in the Arab East (1918-1928) Empty Suliman Bashear, Communism in the Arab East (1918-1928)

Message par Johnathan R. Razorback Ven 28 Juin - 16:56

"The present study has been supervised by Professor E J Hobsbawm at Birbeck College, University of London. To his perceptive and encouraging criticism through all Its stages I owe a special debt of gratitude. I should also like to express my appreciation to Professor Maxine Rodinson who contributed helpful suggestions and remarks."

"The First World War brought with it the fall of the Ottoman Empire, the rise of Arab nationalism, the Balfour Declaration and the British and French partition and mandate rule. The encounter of these and other local socio-economic factors during the first decade which followed the war, has determined the political development of the Arab East to the extent that its repercussions can still be felt today. Egypte's struggle for independence, the rise of Zionism in Palestine, the separation of Lebanon from Syria and the crushing of the latter's national uprising during 1925-27, as well as the emergence of Iraq and Saudi Arabia in their present boundaries - all these were the products of this period."

"The present study constitutes an attempt to trace the emergence, activity and suppression of communism in Egypt, Palestine and Syria. Here, the numerous despatches, political and police reports sent to the Foreign and Colonial Offices by the different British officials in the area during this period, together with the information given by Comintern's sources were of great help to me."

"
    (pp.1-4)
    -Suliman Bashear, Communism in the Arab East (1918-1928), Ithaca Press London, 1980, 196 pages.

« Rien de grand ne s’est jamais accompli dans le monde sans passion. » -Hegel, La Raison dans l'Histoire.

« Mais parfois le plus clair regard aime aussi l’ombre. » -Friedrich Hölderlin, "Pain et Vin".

La date/heure actuelle est Ven 18 Oct - 5:18